Thursday, March 24, 2011

For God so loved the world

    


     (I feel extremely humbled as I write about such a topic as this, knowing I can't explain well enough, in words on my own, how important the Atonement of Jesus Christ is to man kind. So I hope and pray that the Spirit will be able to testify to your hearts as you read this.)

     Unwavering love is what comes to mind when I think about that great act of selflessness. Also feelings of gratitude wash over me!
    
Ponder in your hearts and in your minds what He did for you. Let's go to (Mark 14: 32-34) "32. And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.
 33. And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;


 34. And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch." Sore amazed and very heavy translated mean: amazed, awestruck, astonished. Depressed, dejected and in anguish... Jesus Christ, God of the universe, was Amazed; Astonished; Depressed..... This is the Almighty Son, The Supreme Creator, Alpha and Omega, The Great I AM, the One who made the heavens, the stars, the earth, you, and I. And He was Surprised!! Not only that, let's read (Mark 14: 35-36) "35. And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
 36. And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." He was in So Much pain that He Himself asked the Father, "Take away this cup from me"..... "Nevertheless not what I will, but what Thou wilt."
     Shortly after was our wonderful Savior crucified. And from the words of President Jack R. Christianson, "All Jesus had to do was Blink and it would have been over, His enemies would have been destroyed!" But again His love for us was unwavering so He Let them crucify Him. (Luke 23:34) "34. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." Our minds can't even begin to comprehend all that He suffered. And all this for what?? So that only a Few of God's children can be saved??... No, Absolutely Not!!! But because That's how important you are to Him, That's how much He loves you, and because the worth of Every soul is great in the eyes of God! ............."For God so loved the world."
...I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Elder Campbell this is good word. Every day of my life, I pray to Our Heavenly Father and express to Him the gratitude for His Son. I am in awed & grateful that Our Heavenly Father loved me, you & whole world to send His only begotten Son.

    ReplyDelete